Preventive Care for Women
Women share many diseases with men such as heart disease, respiratory disease, etc but there is some health risks that only a woman face such as breast cancer.
Preventive care for women reduces the chance of such health risk and gives them a healthy lifestyle. One effective way is listening to what your body is trying to tell you. Immediately consult a doctor if you face a sudden weight loss, abnormal bumps/ tender spot, breathing problem, change in skin color, etc.
A doctor will guide you about the different kind of appropriate preventive screen tests to diagnose serious diseases such as breast cancer, cervical cancer or any other.
Preventive Breast care - MAMMCARE
A Healthy body is the first and foremost wish of everyone. A thought of having a serious disease such as breast cancer is like a nightmare for a woman. Low or high, all women are at risk for breast cancer and that’s the reason why a woman should do preventive breast care and go for an annual check up.
The preventive breast care is very easy and less time consuming. Every woman should practice breast self examination from the age of 20 to the rest of the life, it includes the pregnancy and post menopause phase also. One should perform the examination at the same time every month. Under preventive Breast care educate you about how to examine the breast regularly to detect any changes.
A regular annual check is required to diagnose the disease or problem at a right time. A woman should go for an annual check up for a healthy body and to prevent disease. The three steps of the preventive breast care is as follows-
- Self Examination- One should examine the breast on every month after a fix interval to identify any change occurs in the breast. The common changes are-
- Discharge from nipple (other than Breast Milk like clear or Blood).
- Development of hard Lump.
- Swelling of Breast.
- Itching and Redness on skin.
- Nipple might be retracted or scaly.
- Clinical Diagnosis of Breast Cancer: 20 to 39 year old women should undergo clinical examination for preventive breast care. In this step, breast examination is done by a trained physician or nurse to identify and evaluate breast problems.
- Every woman, between the ages of 20 to 39, should get the breast examined by a health professional once in every three year.
- After 40 year, women should go for clinical breast examination every year.
Under mammography process, a low-dose x-ray of the breasts is taken to find changes if any occur. It an effective technique as it can detect breast cancer or any other problem before it become dangerous.
There is no doubt in that mammogram can detect the cancer tissue before the lumps become large enough to be felt but a bioscopy will be required to confirm the cancer.
The intensity of risk varies with the body and background of the woman. It is recommended for a woman at high risk to ask the doctor to use mammogram in the early checkup to diagnose the disease at initial stage.